Job Purpose :
The primary focus of this position is administration, monitoring, troubleshooting, and maintaining the virtualized servers as well as Microsoft windows environment. This includes
supporting services such as Active Directory, Exchange and Lync. Additionally, performs a wide variety of installation, configuration and upgrading of servers and related hardware and software.
- Implementation and maintenance of high-availability server farms based on virtualization.
- Deploy, monitor, and maintain Microsoft Windows environment including Active Directory related services, DNS, DHCP, and File Services supporting business-critical systems.
- Deploy, monitor, and maintain mailing and communication systems based on Exchange and Lync
- Responsible for server, storage, security and monitoring hardware, software and services ensuring they are optimized for availability, stability, integrity, performance and scalability.
- Responsible for maintain backup system for various data types.
- Implement and maintain Server/Client Antivirus systems.
- Evaluate and harden systems security
- Work with IBM, Microsoft, Symantec and others to optimize stability, availability, reliability and performance of servers and storage. Be a primary contributor with these vendors to the design, re-design, deployment and maintenance of systems.
- Supports systems testing, analyzing logs and optimizing system performance to achieve operational excellence and continuous improvements of systems engineering related processes and procedures.
- Lead the team of helpdesk/tech. support and works as second line of support.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems or a related field.
- Certification as Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer or combination of Microsoft Certified IT Professional Certifications equivalent to Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer.
- A minimum of 3 to 5 years’ experience in “enterprise” environments utilizing Active Directory 2008R2, Microsoft Exchange 2010, MS SQL 2008R2 or newer Microsoft technologies.
- Must be a team player that can work under pressure with exceptional written and oral communication skills.
- Must be able to train others on various computer software and hardware